When your card security is at risk, every minute counts. That’s why PenFed has a quick, convenient way to alert you so that you can verify your purchase activity when suspicious activity is detected on your PenFed Visa or MasterCard credit and debit card accounts.
PenFed’s new Card Security Text Alerts are designed to help you quickly confirm ownership of purchase activity on your account, in near real time.
If PenFed suspects fraud on any transaction or series of transactions on your account, we will send you a text message. You will have the ability to immediately respond ‘Yes – this is Fraud’ or ‘No – this isn’t Fraud’ and PenFed will then take the appropriate action.
“Our Card Security Text Alerts take fraud alerts to the next level. This functionality goes far beyond what we use today—such as emails that notify members about PIN and password changes or when their card payment is due,” said Rollie Hubner, director of card services and fraud management at PenFed. “Now, members can take immediate action to protect their cards whenever unauthorized activity might occur.”
How does the service work?
- A text message will be sent to your mobile device when there is a suspicious transaction on your card.
- When you receive an alert text, simply reply to confirm whether or not you recognize the transaction.
- If you do not recognize the transaction, you will receive a text response asking you to call Fraud Detection at 1-888-918-7313. A block will be placed on the card immediately to protect you from further fraudulent activity and will remain in place until we hear from you.
- If you reply that you recognize the transaction(s), your card will remain available for use.
Is there a fee for the service?
PenFed does not assess a fee for the service. However, if you do elect to receive Card Security Text Alerts, standard text message and data rates assessed by your mobile carrier will apply. Please check with your mobile carrier to ensure that you have ‘text messaging’ on your mobile phone plan, and that you are aware of the costs your carrier will charge you if you utilize it.
PenFed is committed to providing members with the latest fraud-fighting technology. Help us protect your accounts against unauthorized activity.
For real-time protection against fraud (24-hours a day, seven days a week), we encourage PenFed members to consider signing up for our new Card security Text Alerts, today.
You will need the following to complete your enrollment:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Complete Card Account Number
- Card Security Code (usually 3-digits on the back of the card)
- Card Expiration Date
- Zip Code (what is shown on your card statement under billing address)
- Last four-digits of the primary cardholder’s Social Security Number
To enroll, simply login to your PenFed Online account, and then follow the procedures provided for each Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card account you would like to receive Card Security Text Alerts for.
Find out more
For complete details about how Card Security Text Alerts work, please refer to our PenFed Online FAQ located on our website.