Deposit checks with your smartphone on PenFed Mobile
Nobody wants to stuff themselves into the car for a trip to the ATM or local banking branch just to deposit a check. Checking your balances is as easy as whipping your smartphone out of your pocket if you use PenFed Mobile, but did you know that you can also deposit checks right from your phone?
Deposit checks wherever you are
- Sign and note the following on the back of your check:
For electronic deposit only
Account # ___________
- Log in to PenFed Mobile.
- Tap Deposit at the top of your screen.
- Tap Select Account to choose which account you’re depositing into, then tap on the appropriate account.
- Tap Take Photo to use your smartphone’s camera to take a photo of the front of your check. Use our tips for taking reliable mobile deposit check photos, and tap Save when you’ve taken a clear shot.
- Repeat the process for the back of your check.
- Confirm the deposit amount by entering it by hand.
- Tap the checkbox acknowledging you’ve read and accept the mobile deposit terms.
- Tap Continue.
Your money is now safely in the hands of PenFed — that’s all there is to it!
Banking on the fly with PenFed
Get PenFed Mobile for your iOS or Android device and enjoy fast, easy banking on the fly.
- Deposit checks wherever you are.
- Check your balances and account transaction details on the fly.
- Look up the status of loan or credit card applications.
- Make payments on your PenFed loan, mortgage, or credit card.
- Transfer funds or schedule recurring transfers between your PenFed accounts or accounts at other financial institutions.
- Create travel notification alerts for your PenFed credit and debit card accounts.
Download the newly enhanced PenFed mobile app and watch a video highlighting what the app can do for you at PenFed.org/Mobile-App/.