If you are using PenFed Mobile to manage your banking right from your smartphone, you already know that making deposits on the fly is one of mobile banking’s most convenient features. No more schlepping to the nearest ATM just to get your money into the system!
Mobile check deposits became an instant hit with members when PenFed introduced its mobile banking app in February. “Within a day of release of our mobile banking app, we saw four times the amount of deposits through the app versus what we usually see in our web-based deposit service,” reports Ian Harper, PenFed’s chief information officer of information technology.
Top tips for great images
Make sure your checks get accepted for deposit with these tips for taking clear, quality check photos.
- Sign and note the following on the back of your check:
- For electronic deposit only
- Account # ___________
- Place the check flat on a dark background that won’t reflect your camera flash.
- Make sure there’s plenty of light on the check.
- Make sure all four corners of the check fall inside the photo.
- Check to see that no other objects are included in the photo frame.
- Hold your smartphone or tablet directly above the check.
- If your image is blurry, move the camera a few inches higher (away from the check).
- Try turning off the flash if you’re having problems with quality or lighting.
Banking on the fly with PenFed
The latest version of the PenFed mobile app is now available for download for iOS and Android devices, includes faster and easier navigation, features mobile check deposit, and other new functionality that allows their members to:
- Deposit checks.
- Check balances and account transaction details.
- Check the status of loan or credit card applications.
- Make payments to a PenFed loan, mortgage, or credit card account.
- Transfer funds or schedule recurring transfers between PenFed accounts or accounts at other financial institutions.
- Create travel notification alerts for all PenFed credit and debit card accounts.
Download the newly enhanced PenFed mobile app and watch a video highlighting what the app can do for you at PenFed.org/Mobile-App/.